If website reports and analytics go straight over your head, we want to tell you about some of the valuable information you can track and why it matters. Monitoring and analysing your website traffic is often surprisingly revealing, and free!
Key Data and Functions
- Social Visitors: For a start, if you need to know what social media platforms generate the most traffic, you can track the source of your visitors. If you don’t see many social media sourced visitors, it might be time to start posting more frequently. This is particularly valuable if you are paying for advertising campaigns.
- Product/Service Performance: Perhaps you are selling products on your website. For Ecommerce websites, you can check your ecommerce product performance for poor converting products. Writing additional relevant content for your lower performing products could help competing for search engine rankings. The same applies to product/service based websites without a checkout facility. The same analysis will allow you to determine lower performing pages.
- Annual Benchmarking: Compare performance with previous years. This is a great way of determining if you need to step up your search engine optimisation. The date selector contains a ‘compare’ option to simplify the process.
- Context Annotations: Keep a timeline of key events using report annotations. Key events could include press releases, advertising campaigns, holidays, blog updates and other significant changes in the business/website. This gives context to changes in viewership that can allow you to better judge changes in your marketing strategy.
- Valuable Projections: Add value to your business with historic analytics data. Supposing you wish to sell your business or attract new investors, a record of growth in your historic analytics data can add to the strength of your projections for business growth. The data also demonstrates an otherwise difficult to value google ranking and organic traffic.
Where to start with Website Reports and Analytics
To get started, give us a call on 01775 761512 or visit Google Analytics to setup your integration. We recommend this service to all of our clients. Since its launch in 2005 by Google, this free analytics service has become the most used on the internet.