Email marketing is one of the cheapest online marketing tools. It’s also powerful in terms of building trust and loyalty with your existing and potential clients.
If done correctly, an email marketing campaign can prove to be an extremely cost-effective method of sharing news items with your existing and potential clients.
The pros of email marketing are:
- Range of receivers is wide
- Cheapest means of communication
- Timesaving way of communication
- Easy to track (opens, unsubscribes, click-throughs, etc)
- You can deliver targeted messages
It can take time (from experience, sometimes months and even years) to build a trust relationship with your “targets” but it is effective.
Permission is Paramount
If you send unsolicited emails, you could potentially damage your brand. It’s recommended that your first newsletter should explain within the body of text how you got their details and why they are receiving the email. Something like, “You are receiving this email because you very kindly gave us your email address when you visited us recently.”
You can collect email addresses from everywhere:
- Networking events
- Trade shows
- Website sign-up
- Guest book
- Service or sales calls
Grow Your Opt-In List
- Include an email newsletter signup form on the home and contact us pages on your website
- Include a link to your email signup form in your email signature.
- Offer free giveaways in return for signups
- If you have an e-commerce website, include an “opt-in to our newsletter” in the e-commerce checkout page.
Image Based Content
It’s advisable not to rely totally on image based content because not all your recipients will be able to view them – always include a plain text version.
Recipients are extremely fast at processing their inboxes and reading newsletters. The average time allocated to a newsletter after opening is about 51 seconds. Reading is not the right word, since participants fully read only 19% of newsletters. The predominant user behaviour is “scanning”. 35% of the time, recipients only skim a small part of the newsletter or just glance at the content. People are highly inclined to skip the “blah-blah” text in newsletters. The first two words of the headlines are key.
For further information how Drive By Websites can assist you in respect of:
- setting up your email marketing account, together with list importation.
- managing your newsletter campaigns
- including a subscribe to our newsletter button on your website
please feel free to give us a call. on 01775 761512.